How To Take a Skype or FaceTime Voice Lesson
Prior to the lesson date
1. PRIOR to your lesson, call, text or email Mary Walkley @ 305-733-4738 or at email@example.com, re setting up a lesson time. She will do her very best to accommodate you.
2. Once you have a confirmed lesson time, PREPAY your voice lesson on PayPal.com, making payment there to:
You can also prepay on Venmo to Mary Walkley.
You can also pay to 305-733-4738 at Bank of America on Zelle.
3. Add Mary Walkley to your Skype contacts by sending her a Skype contact request. She will respond yes, and you will be connected. Also provide Mary via text YOUR Skype name.
Mary's Skype name is: floridasings
4. If possible, email or message the sheet music for the song you wish to work on, to Mary. You can also send her the link to a track, so she can be familiar with the music prior to the lesson.
Prior to the lesson:
1. Make sure you have a good, fast internet provider.
2. Have a good set of earphones or earbuds nearby, in case you need them.
3. Have a bottle of water, a pencil, and a notebook with you.
4. Have a working recording device available, and turned on, to record the entire lesson.
5. Make sure your computer is turned on, working, and has accessed the internet PRIOR to your lesson time.
6. Have a working playback device, that plays loudly enough for you to hear the musical accompaniment while you are singing.
7. Have the accompaniment track(s) or karaoke track(s) for your music available and ready to play on YOUR end of the conversation.
At your lesson time
1. Mary will call YOU at your lesson time. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CALL VIA SKYPE OR FACETIME BEFORE YOUR LESSON TIME! YOU WILL BE INTERRUPTING ANOTHER PERSON'S LESSON!
Skype is recommended for International and long-distance lessons.
FaceTime may be used for voice lessons also, and many times works faster and better than Skype. FaceTime can be accessed by clicking the FaceTime icon, and dialing Mary's number, 305-733-4738.
If the connection fails (it happens sometimes), wait a minute; Mary will call you back. If you don't hear from her, it's because she can't get through. Try calling her yourself. Texting can be used to communicate in such a situation.
See you in Cyberspace!